Monday, May 13, 2013

Coffee Lovers Rejoice!! And an Update

Summer has hit in Abu Dhabi and temps have soared to 47 degrees C (that's 116.6 degrees for all you US readers). Add these temps and my love for coffee together and what do you get?? A major craving for a frozen coffee drink Starbucks style. All you loyal readers know, though, that frappes are completely off limits for me right now due to Whole 30 (update on that later). Even if I wasn't strict Paleo right now, a regular frappe at any coffee joint probably eeks over the "not allowed" line even for 80/20 er's due to the unknown content of the syrups they add.

So I what did I do about my craving? Well lets just say Frappe challenge accepted.

And guess what? I so totally owned that challenge. And it was frickin dddeeelliicccious.

Now, did it taste like Starbucks? That is a big no. But who wants that overly sweet, leaves a funky film on your teeth and a bloated stomach behind drink from Starbucks when you can have my Paleo masterpiece??  Click for the deliciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment