Friday, September 14, 2012

Paleo Chocolate Pudding Review

Here is the first recipe review. Let me know if you guys gave this a shot and what you thought of it.

As many of you know, the Chief posted a link on facebook to a Paleo chocolate pudding recipe.  Now, if you are anything like me your eyes probably just about popped out of your sockets and your brain went into happy dance mode.  My thought when I saw it... OMG chocolate pudding..  I am in heaven... maybe now the I will be able to deal with cravings, and Stefan won't have to deal with the chocolate withdrawal monster anymore.

Click here for the recipe http://paleodietlifestyle.com/chocolate-pudding/




Of course, this meant I had to make this recipe as soon as possible.  So I did last night.. 

It was good, but not great.  It was super easy to make, and took only about 10 minutes in all.  The texture was right, except for the flecks of nutmeg that I kept biting into.  It was  chocolaty, which was fantastic and did help with the craving, but the honey left a kind of weird aftertaste.  And why you would add cinnamon to chocolate I really can't fathom, because they don't really go together.

So overall, this would work in a pinch if the chocolate craving has gotten so bad that it is either this or a nonpaleo food.  However, I will not be making it again as it is written.  I will be working with it to see if I can tweak the recipe a bit and make it more to my liking.  Either that or I might try making a pudding recipe with coconut milk instead.

NOTE:  If you do decide to make this, make sure your avocados are really ripe, otherwise you will have a very hard time getting them to a creamy consistency which is what is required for this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe try bananas instead of avocados? Just a thought.--Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad idea jon.. maybe give that a try.

    ReplyDelete