Tuesday, September 18, 2012

PCP... Just Barely Legal

PCP...  Addicting and makes one Euphoric..  One bite, and you will never be the same. 
One bite???  But don't you smoke PCP??  Well if we are talking about the drug, then yes you do...  But I am talking about the edible PCP....  Paleo Chocolate Pudding.  Chocolaty, smooth, and just about as addicting as the actual drug. 

HAHAHA  Did you actually think I was going to post up about a drug?  Well I guess if you are as much of a chocolate fanatic as I am then you could consider this stuff a drug.

One bite of this stuff and you will never, ever make the stuff from the box again.  This is not one of those recipes that tastes OK or is an OK substitute for the real thing while you are on the Paleo challenge.  No, this IS the real thing..  believe me... I am a chocolate pudding connoisseur.

Not only does this stuff taste great but it is really simple to make  Only 5 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to throw together.  This is one quick, delicious fix for those chocolate cravings (which, if you are anything like me, are ever present). 

So I will quit flapping the yapper and get down to the good stuff...

Makes 2 cups of pudding

PCP (Paleo Chocolate Pudding)

Ingriedents

1 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Coconut milk
1/4    Cup honey
2 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2       Tbsp Sweet Potato Starch
Pinch of Salt


Directions

  • Add cocoa powder to small sauce pan
  • Add enough milk to cocoa to make a smooth paste
  • Add honey and a pinch of salt
  • Add rest of milk and starch and mix until starch is dissolved. 
  • Heat over medium heat until mixture thickens
  • Turn to low heat and mix for 1 min
  • Remove from heat and continue mixing for another minute
  • Let cool before serving 

I place mine in the fridge for a bit before serving as I like my pudding cold (and it also makes it thicken a bit more).  This pudding may not be as thick as you are used to pudding being, but believe me it is still delicious.

If you don't have sweet potato starch on hand all I have to say is.... WHY NOT??    This stuff is easy to make and is great for thicking soups and gravies (and of course pudding).  Click here for an easy recipe for making the starch since, like everything else healthy here in the UAE,it is almost impossible to find here.
http://homeschoolblogger.com/armoorefam/47426/

No comments:

Post a Comment